Trend analysts from NINE, a subsidiary of BillerudKorsnäs, unveiled during a Christmas party on Thursday, December 5 some of the key trends that will affect consumers in the next 5-10 years.
In conclusion, the future according NINE is a meta-modern visionary world, where we are resisting superficiality, yet want everything hyper- simplified and high-tech.
During the mingle subjects such as high technology and nostalgia, simplicity and complexity were exchanged. NINE’s network of trend scouts in New York, Tokyo, Sydney and Berlin contributed with international outlooks.
"We believe that trend analysis is best done by a heterogeneous group of people who contribute with different perspectives. We also work systematically according to accepted methods. Trend analysis we often use in the insight phase in many of our innovation projects. Along with consumer insights it gives us a solid basis to stand on in the development of ideas and concepts in order to develop successful offerings for the consumers of tomorrow," says Elin Åström Rudberg, Future Research Director, NINE.
Accordning to NINE:
The top 5 trends that will affect
- Meta Modernism - opposites such as e.g. copy/original intermingled with each other
- Vision longing - a longing for a story about the future
- Superficiality resistance - we now boast about how little resources we manage by
- Hyper-simplification - lack of time among consumers demands simple and fast products and services
- Man + machine = true - humans and machines move together into the future
5 exciting people that will define and shape the future in various fields
- Reggie Watts - mixing styles, languages and histories in an uninhibited manner
- Hillary Clinton - foremost symbol of women's advance
- Elon Musk - investor and innovator that transforms science fiction to reality
- Hatsune Miku - a cartoon artist persona that symbolizes that it almost does not matter if something is real or not
- Pope Francis – the motto "a poor church for the poor" provides a new approach to the world and the self